Welcome to the ‘About Paul Frohna’ page.
Paul Frohna, M.D., Ph.D., is Principal of Frohna Biotech Consulting. He is also the current Chief Medical Officer at ProFibrix, Inc. and an Advisory Board Member at International Symposium on Hematology.
Dr. Frohna is a physician-scientist with over 14 years of experience and expertise in translational medicine, clinical research and clinical and regulatory strategy. He has led project and clinical teams responsible for candidate selection, IND preparation and submission, Phase 1 to 3 clinical trials and global development partnerships. He has also built and led clinical departments responsible for formulating and implementing translational and clinical development plans, and overseeing the safety monitoring and the regulatory filings for clinical programs for small molecules, monoclonal antibodies, cell therapies, proteins (recombinant and human) and devices. To date, Frohna has contributed to three approved US filings, managed more than 25 clinical trials, and filed 10 successful INDs and multiple European CTAs. Frohna’s therapeutic areas of experience include neurology, neurodegeneration, cardiovascular disease, stem cells and regenerative medicine, hematology, immunology, infectious disease, gastroenterology and oncology. He is the original patent holder for the use of B-cell depleting therapy in multiple sclerosis (MS), an idea he formulated and implemented into clinical trials while at Genentech.
- VP, Clinical Development and Regulatory Affairs at Stem Cell start-up in San Diego
- Interim Vice President, Clinical Development at FibroGen, Inc.
- Head, Clinical Pharmacology at CV Therapeutics
- Med Director, Biotherapeutics and Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology at Genentech
- Internal Medicine Certificate, Austin Medical Education Programs, Austin, TX
- MD, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- PhD in Pharmacology, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Pharmacy Degree, The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Austin, TX